Thursday, June 01, 2006

An Interview with The (International) Noise Conspiracy


Interview by Sarah L. Myers

Maybe if our local politicians were as decorated as Dennis Lyxzen more people would stand up and take notice of the bullshit hypocrisy
The (International) Noise Conspiracy front man rails against. I listed him as one of the greatest front men of all time last spring, when INC upstaged the Bravery at the Metro in Chicago. Now I've made it official. Following is our sit-down at Saturday's Beat Kitchen gig.

The Crutch: The last show that you guys played in Chicago sold out, and the one before that, with the Bravery did also. Obviously this city really loves you guys. Is the feeling mutual?

DL: Yeah, Chicago is one of my favorite cities I've played in and I think everyone in the band really likes Chicago. So we like it. We have a lot of friends here and there's always a good vibe here.

How was the tour with the Bravery? Did you feel like that was a good match for you guys?

DL: No. (When you go out with a band) sometimes it makes sense, and sometimes it doesn't. The Bravery tour was definitely one of those examples where it didn't really make sense. I mean, the response was good but just I don't think us and The Bravery really clicked, I would say.

Punk rock was a reaction to capitalism and the face of heavy metal and prog rock. Even now punk rock is becoming commercialized and getting a shinier surface. What do you think defines punk rock now?

DL: I think punk rock now defines...is defined by people actually doing it their own way and not afraid to accept preconceived notions of what it's supposed to be. I mean, this is an issue that's been debated - what is punk rock? What is not punk rock? Is punk rock the super live underground culture? Is Blink 182 punk rock? Are we a punk rock band? I think it's one of those gifts I brought with me from punk rock, was that some of my favorite bands, if they would have come out today, people wouldn't have called them a punk band just because of the way they sound.

Such as?
.................
READ THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW AT THE CRUTCH WEBSITE

The (International) Noise Conspiracy -
Black Mask (from Armed Love)
The (International) Noise Conspiracy -
Up For Sale (from A New Morning, Changing Weather)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home